Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits
- 3C apples
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1C heavy cream
- 1/4C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Caramel sauce
- 5.3oz Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel and slice apples into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss with brown sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to a small glass baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare whipped cream. Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Beating on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use.
- Blend shortbread in a food processor until only fine crumbs remain.
- Using desired serving dishes, layer dessert as follows: whipped cream, caramel sauce, apples, shortbread and repeat. Top off with whipped cream and a drizzle of additional caramel sauce.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Shortbread Fingers Shortbread FingersView