- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into ¼-inch coins
- 1 baby eggplant, cut into ¼-inch coins
- ½ pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 small (8 ounce) wheel brie
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Walkers Highland Oat Crackers
Heat oven to 350ºF.
Place the brie in a small cast iron pan or similar heavy-duty, oven safe pan. Set aside.
Toss the pepper, zucchini, eggplant, and asparagus with oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
Spread on a baking sheet.
Tent the vegetables loosely with foil and roast the vegetables for 15 minutes.
Transfer the brie to the oven and bake 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a small pan of water to a boil.
Add the peeled garlic cloves and boil 5 minutes. drain.
Add the butter to the pan and melt over medium heat.
Stir in the brown sugar and water.
Add the garlic cloves and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is soft and the caramel is thick and syrupy.
Toss the garlic cloves with the roasted vegetables (discard any remaining syrup).
Serve with the Highland Oat Crackers.