National Book Lovers Day is August 9th
Need an excuse to read the day away? August 9th is National Book Lovers Day and what better way to celebrate than by starting a Book Club! They’re a great way to explore different genres (a new read every month), socialize with your book loving friends and keep the reading going strong all year long.
Books (and Snacks) for the Food Lover
To kick it off, host the first meeting and put the focus on food with these flavorful reads. And don’t forget the snacks! Right out of the box, Walkers is the perfect treat to have on hand to perfectly complement iced coffee or tea. You can also get creative and explore our recipes to pair up your lively conversations with these sweet treats made with Walkers Shortbread!
- Read this: Delicious!: A Novel “A delectable mix of flavor, fantasy, and emotional comfort food.” — O: The Oprah Magazine
- Snack on this: Cherry Cheesecake Dip This savory feast of a read deserves a delicious snack to go with it. And we think your book club will flip for this dip served with Walkers Shortbread Fingers or Mini Fingers! So easy to make and the perfect treat for book club.
- Read this: The Sunday Lunch Club “I was glued to it from the start. Needing the next morsel to be dropped in my waiting mind.” — Amazon Customer (anonymous)
- Snack on this: Gluten-Free Rounds with Blackberry Cream Cheese Frosting Get together to talk, laugh and dish about your latest read while snacking on some Walkers Shortbread Gluten-Free Rounds, topped with blackberry cream cheese frosting and the last berries of summer. Or add a bit more zing by using our Gluten Free Ginger & Lemon Shortbread Rounds. This versatile frosting would be delicious with any of Walkers regular shortbread as well!
- Read this: And Then There Were Crumbs: A Cookie House Mystery, Book 1 "Amazing Late Summer Murder Mystery To Read.” — Cozyreaders (Amazon Top Contributor: Cooking)
- Snack on this: Green Tea Ice Cream Sandwiches It’s no mystery that everyone loves ice cream! So give your book club members a sweet and cold summer treat with these ice cream sandwiches made with Walkers Shortbread Rounds. Follow the recipe or mix up your flavors by putting your favorite ice cream between some Walkers Stem Ginger Cookies or White Chocolate & Raspberry Cookies.
- Read on…and snack on! For even more tasty food-focused reads, check out these 50 Fabulous Food Novels. And however you decide to celebrate National Book Lovers Day, don’t forget the Walkers Shortbread! Explore all of our delicious Walkers Shortbread recipes to find a sweet treat to serve all your book loving friends.