Valentine’s Day is the perfect day for the rich deliciousness of chocolate fondue! We partnered with the iconic French Preserves company, Bonne Maman, to create this decadent, delicious dessert spread that is both easy-to-make and fun to enjoy. Whether you’re celebrating with your sweetheart, friends, family, or just treating yourself, light some candles and cue your favorite tunes to enjoy a tasty, sweet spin on the classic favorite cheese fondue from the comfort of your home.
This chocolate fondue is made with premium chocolate, Bonne Maman Preserves, and served with Walkers Shortbread cookies, of course! Much like Walkers finest quality Scottish Shortbread, Bonne Maman uses simple ingredients for recipes that taste just like homemade.
What You’ll Need:
- Fondue pot or 2-quart saucepan
- Display board
- Small plates or bowls
- Wire whisk
- Prongs or serving alternatives
- 1 bag Walkers Shortbread Mini Rounds
- 1 bag Walkers Shortbread Mini Fingers
- Assorted dippers of your choice like fresh fruit, pretzels, marshmallows, and angel food cake
- ⅔ cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chunks
A good rule of thumb is to use chocolate with at least 60% cacao. Have fun experimenting with combining different varieties like milk, semi-sweet, and dark chocolate if you’re looking for a deeper, richer flavor.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, it’s time to make your own chocolate fondue!
How to Make Chocolate Fondue
- In your fondue pot (or a 2-quart saucepan) mix the whipping cream, Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves, and honey.
- Heat on medium-low and stir occasionally until bubbles rise to the surface (do not boil).
- Add the chocolate and stir with a wire whisk until melted. Keep warm. (If using a saucepan, pour into a heavy bottom pan on a trivet over tealights.)
Don’t have a fondue pot? Not to worry! To make chocolate fondue without a fondue pot, heat your ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan and transfer to a heavy-bottomed pan.
Use a trivet to elevate the pan, then carefully arrange a few tea lights underneath to maintain some heat. An electric chocolate melting pot, like this one, is also a great option.
Now that your fondue is ready to go, it’s time to enjoy! Depending on your dipping ingredients, you can serve yourself with fondue prongs, or use fondue fork alternatives like bamboo skewers or chopsticks. Discover alternative tips here.
After all, no matter what your dipping preferences are, there’s nothing tastier than that first dip of Walkers Shortbread in your creamy melted chocolate. For more fun and easy chocolate dessert experiences, try white chocolate fondue, or even a chocolate fountain with Walkers Shortbread Mini Fingers for dipping!