Champagne Cookie Pops
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 3 cups (460g) Walkers Shortbread Rounds crumbs
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 12 oz vanilla candi quick or candy melts
- Lollipop sticks
- To reduce the champagne, add the champagne to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been reduce by half, to 1/4 cup. Do not boil. To see if the volume has reduced enough, pour the liquid into a glass measuring cup. If not yet at 1/4 cup (60ml), pour champagne back into the pan and continue to heat until it has. Once done, set aside to cool and come to room temperature. You can place it in the refrigerator or freezer to speed up cooling.
- Combine the shortbread crumbs and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the corn syrup and cooled champagne reduction and mix well. Mixture will be moist but slightly crumbly.
- Make balls of about 1 1/2 tablespoons each of the shortbread mixture. Shape balls and set aside. Mixture might become more crumbly as it sits. You can add an additional 1/2 – 1 tsp of champagne, as needed, to help the mixture stay moist.
- Melt candi quick in a bowl according to package instruction.
- Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted candy and stick into the cookie ball. Repeat for each ball and let dry.
- Dip each ball into the candy and tap off the excess.
- Set on a piece of parchment paper to dry and add sprinkles.
- Once dry, store pops in an air tight container.
Shortbread Rounds Shortbread RoundsView