- 5 boxes Walkers Shortbread Fingers
- 2 boxes Walkers Assorted Traditional Shortbreads
- Edible “Glue” Icing (3 oz pasteurized egg whites, 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 tsp cream of tartar)
- Decorator Icing in varied colors
- Assorted candies (i.e. jelly beans, chick and bunny-shaped candies)
- Food coloring
Edible Glue Icing: Combine all ingredients in a mixer and whip for 8 minutes. Cover with a damp towel.
Create a blueprint of your Easter Shortbread House on paper.
Lay out the shortbread to reflect the size and shape of your house.
Assemble base with 8 shortbread fingers.
Pipe a generous amount of icing to fuse shortbread fingers together.
Repeat for walls and castle top.
Allow base, walls, and castle top to dry completely before assembling.
Assemble your house, using icing to cement the walls in place. Allow to dry completely.
Decorate house using decorator icing and candies.
Create edible “grass” by dying the coconut with green food coloring.
Set the grass on the ground surrounding the house.