Strawberry Cream–Filled Sandwich Cookies
- 1 c. thawed frozen strawberries
- 2 c. confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 36 Walkers Shortbread Rounds
- In a blender, puree strawberries. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk pureed strawberries, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and lemon juice until thickened and reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and butter. Stir in remaining confectioners' sugar. Stir in strawberry mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- Place 1 scant tablespoon strawberry cream each on 18 shortbread rounds. Top each with another round. Chill until ready to serve.
Shortbread Rounds Shortbread RoundsView