Shortbread Tiramisu Dessert
- 2 (5.3 ounce) packages Walkers Shortbread Fingers (16 cookies)
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) hot water
- 3 heaping teaspoons instant espresso powder (see note)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ounce baking chocolate (semi-sweet) or 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Stir espresso powder into hot water. Dip each cookie completely in the espresso, submerging it and allowing it to sit for a couple of seconds. Arrange in an 8×8″ baking dish. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth, then mix in powdered sugar and both extracts. Beat until smooth.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form (using a hand or a stand mixer). Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of the shortbread cookies in the pan. Finely grate chocolate over the top evenly or dust with cocoa powder.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving but up to 8 hours. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
If you don’t have espresso powder, you can use instant coffee or use leftover prepared coffee instead.
Shortbread Fingers Shortbread FingersView