Scottish Raspberry Trifle Dip with Walkers Shortbread
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Walkers Shortbread Fingers, for dipping
- Add the raspberries to a bowl and mix in the granulated sugar, mashing the berries to turn them saucy but still chunky, refrigerate.
- Add the milk and sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- While the milk is coming to a simmer whisk the egg yolk and egg in a large bowl. Whisk the cornstarch into the eggs until dissolved.
- Whisk a little of the milk into the eggs to bring the eggs up to temperature.
- Pour the egg mix back into the pan with the rest of the milk, whisking over medium low heat, whisk until thickened. Transfer to a bowl, put plastic wrap directly onto the custard to prevent a skin forming and refrigerate.
- To a stand mixer or bowl using a hand mixer, add the heavy cream and powdered sugar. Whisk until stiff.
- To a glass bowl, layer with custard, raspberry puree and cream. Top with fresh raspberries. Dip your favorite Walkers Shortbread.
Shortbread Fingers Shortbread FingersView