Rocky Road Spring Nests
Makes approximately 12 nests
- 10.6 oz. white chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons Lyle’s golden syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8.8 oz. Assorted Shortbread [3 Tablespoons crumbled]
- 2.6 oz. Mini marshmallows
- 8.5 oz. Mini eggs
- Layout 12 cupcake liners on a tray.
- Place a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Melt together very gently the white chocolate, butter, golden syrup and vanilla extract. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Break the shortbread into small chunks by breaking and gently crushing with a rolling pin. Mix the shortbread chunks, mini marshmallows and 5.6 oz. of mini eggs into the white chocolate mix.
- Immediately spoon the mix into the cupcake liners equally. To create the Easter nests decoration, use the 3 Tablespoons of shortbread crumbs and extra mini eggs to create clusters of crumb and eggs on top of each cupcake liner
Tip. If you heat the chocolate mix too much and it separates, add a tbsp of boiling hot water to the mix and whisk gently to bring together. Keep adding a tbsp of hot water until you get the desired texture.