Gingerbread Cheesecake Base
- 2.0 oz/60g Butter
- 8.8oz/250g Walkers Gingerbread Shortbread Crumbs
Vanilla Cheesecake Topping
- 17.6oz/500g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 3.5oz./100g Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 10 fluid oz. (1 ¼ cups) 300ml Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch-deep spring form pan with greaseproof paper.
- Gently melt the butter in a medium size pan and add the gingerbread shortbread crumbs. Mix well and press the crumb mixture into the pan base. Pressing firmly with the bottom of a straight sided vessel. Put into the fridge to set.
- In a large bowl, or mixer, add the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Whisk on a medium speed until smooth. Scrape down whisk and bowl when mixing to ensure all ingredients are well mixed in.
- Add the double cream and whisk the mixture on a medium speed until it comes together and becomes thicker. Do not overmix. The mixture should be really thick so that it doesn’t fall off the whisk when it is lifted.
- Add the cheesecake mixture to the top of the gingerbread shortbread base and smooth the top. Place in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- Use a warm dry knife to carefully score round the edge of the cake and life carefully out of the pan onto a plate. Slice into portions and enjoy simple or with toppings of your choice.
Gingerbread Men Gingerbread MenView