Eggnog Cheesecake with Shortbread Crust
- 2 -5.3 oz. packages Walkers Shortbread
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 32 oz. cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups refrigerated eggnog
- 2 tbsp Scotch Whisky
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Scotch Whisky
- ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add Walkers Shortbread to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. You can also crush them by placing them in a large Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- Transfer crushed shortbread to a medium bowl and stir in sugar and melted butter, stirring until evenly coated and the mixture sticks together when pressed.
- Transfer crust mix to a 9-inch springform pan and press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan and about 1 to 1½ inches up the sides.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl or stand mixer on medium speed until smooth, scrape down the sides.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Gradually add in the eggnog and whisky.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar, flour, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl, then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour filling mixture into the prepared crust.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking dish and fill halfway up the pan with water.
- Bake for 70 minutes.
- Shut off the oven and bake for 60 additional minutes with the door closed.
- Remove from the oven and transfer cheesecake to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, transfer to the fridge to chill for 8 hours or overnight for best results.
- Just before serving, whip the heavy cream, light brown sugar, and whisky until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe onto cheesecake and dust with ground nutmeg.
The majority of the prep time is inactive cooling and chilling time.
Shortbread Fingers Shortbread FingersView