Dessert Charcuterie Board
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip*
- 8 candy canes, crushed (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) tub marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
Items for Dessert Charcuterie Board
- 2 packages Walkers Shortbread Gingerbread Men
- 2 packages Walkers Shortbread Mini Festive Stars
- 1 Walkers Shortbread Mini Festive Shapes Snowman Box
- 2 packages Walkers Mini Shortbread Fingers
- White chocolate covered pretzels
- English Toffee
- Almond Nougat Candy
- Chocolate covered almonds
- Non-pareil chocolates
- Hard shell candy coated chocolates, I chose mint (green) ones
- Fresh cranberries, to garnish
- Fresh rosemary or mint, to garnish
- Crushed candy canes, to garnish
- Make the chocolate ganache: In a small bowl, microwave 1/3 cup cream in 30 second increments until bubbles form around the edges. Keep checking it. Add 1/3 cup semi sweet and 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips. Let sit for 1 minute, then stir in 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk until it is smooth. It will get thicker as it comes to room temperature, you can just throw it back in the microwave in short increments if you need to reheat it later.
- Make the Peppermint Whip: Thaw a tub of cool whip, or see notes for making your own whipped cream. Fold in 8 crushed candy canes, or as much as you like to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the Marshmallow Dip. Beat the cream cheese in a bowl or stand mixer until completely smooth. Add in a 7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme and beat until smooth. You can add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla if you like. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble your dessert board. I used an 18 inch round board, but you can make your board as large or as small as you want. Start by placing the bowls on the board that you are going to put the dip in, but don't add the dips yet. (I mean, you can, but don't blame me when you drop pistachios in them on accident. Or maybe you aren't as clumsy as I am!)
- Add the Walkers Shortbread Gingerbread Men, Walkers Shortbread Mini Festive Stars, Walkers Shortbread 3D Snowmen, and the Walkers Mini Shortbread Fingers. Remember you can add small bowls or bits of parchment paper to add texture and height.
- Add any other larger items that you would want to dunk in the dips. Arrange the pretzels, white chocolate covered pretzels, meringues, English toffee, Almond nougat, etc. Other ideas are graham crackers, rice crispy treats, macarons, or any type of fruit.
- Add in smaller items like candy, nonpareil chocolates, pistachios and pecans or any type of nut, candy canes, starlight mints, etc.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like mint or rosemary, fresh cranberries, and crushed candy canes.
*You can whip your own cream if you want. I would use about a cup or 1 and 1/2 cups of cream. It will double in volume when you beat it. Add a little powdered sugar if you want.