Christmas Mice on Shortbread
- 15 Maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- 2/3 cup white baking chips or chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 box (5.3 oz.) Walkers Shortbread Triangles
- 30 sliced almonds
- 15 white baking chips or chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- 15 red cinnamon candies
Cover work area with piece of waxed paper about 18 inches long. Dry cherries with paper towels.
Place 2/3 cup chips and the oil in 6-ounce custard cup. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 10 seconds or until chips are softened; stir until smooth.
Hold 1 cherry by stem (mouse tail), and dip into melted chips, covering completely. Immediately place on shortbread triangle, with tail at 45-degree angle. Place 2 of the sliced almonds against front of cherry to form mouse ears. Repeat with remaining cherries, shortbread and almonds.
Using the remaining melted chips as glue and a toothpick to spread the melted chips, attach the flat side of a whole chip (flat side back) to the base of the almonds to form the mouse head. Using melted chips as glue, attach a few shreds of coconut for the whiskers and a cinnamon candy for the nose.
- Let cool without moving 50 to 60 minutes or until melted chip mixture is firm and completely set. Store in cool place up to 1 week.
Shortbread Triangles Shortbread TrianglesView