Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cheesecake
About 27 Walkers Chocolate Chip Shortbread
4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk 8-9 Walkers Chocolate Chip Shortbread
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Walkers Mini Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C) . Grease a 9 inch springform pan and line the bottom with a parchment circle.
- Place shortbread for the crust into a food processor and pulse until you have about 3 cups of crumbs. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs and melted butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugars and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Place the milk into a small bowl. Dip the shortbread rounds into the milk and line the bottom of crust with them.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into crust, covering the shortbread.
- Place springform pan (covered with aluminum foil) inside another larger pan. Fill the larger pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
- Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and chill until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
- To finish off the cheesecake, whip heavy whipping cream on high until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue to whip on high until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the whipped cream around the top edge of the cheesecake, then top with mini chocolate chip shortbread rounds and mini chocolate chips for decoration.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with chocolate sauce, if desired.