Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Bars
Ingredients12 Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread Rounds - crushed
9 tablespoons unsalted butter - divided
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
8 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
fleur de sel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place crushed shortbread and 2 tablespoons melted butter into bottom of baking sheet. Mix to combine. Using a spoon press down to form layer. Bake for approximately 10 minutes OR until golden. Set aside.
- WHILE shortbread crust is baking, into a large heavy bottom pan add: sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, 6 tablespoons butter, vanilla, salt and syrup. Stir constantly over medium - high heat until mixture thickens and becomes a dark caramel color.
- Pour caramel over shortbread. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Set aside to cool.
- Place chocolate and remaining tablespoon of butter into microwave safe dish. Melt in 30 seconds increments until chocolate is smooth. Pour chocolate over set caramel layer. Set aside to cool. Lightly sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- When dish is room temperature, transfer to refrigerator for a minimum of one hour to set.
- Cut bars into 2" squares and store in an airtight container.
Shortbread Rounds Shortbread RoundsView