Cannoli Cream Dip
yield: 2 CUPS DIP - total time: 20 MINUTES
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for the topping
- Walkers Shortbread Cookies, for dipping or filling
Note: To make sure your cannoli dip is not watery, drain your ricotta overnight in a strainer lined with cheesecloth. This will allow much of the excess moisture to leave the cheese, making your final product more sturdy and less runny. Always use whole milk ricotta, rather than part-skim or skim ricotta.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth using a hand mixer. Mix in ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. The mixture will be a bit lumpy from the ricotta cheese.
- Serve in a bowl with cookies for dipping.
- Optional: make shortbread cookie sandwiches by filling two cookies with the cream.