Brandy Caramel Sauce
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, sliced
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and heavy whipping cream and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Once it boils, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and brandy.
- Pour into jar or storage container and let cool. Store covered in refrigerator.
- The caramel should stay pourable but if it thickens, just heat it a little in the microwave to thin.
- This caramel sauce makes a wonderful topping for Walkers Shortbread Mince Pies – drizzle as much or as little as you wish over the pies before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
Serving Size 1 serving
Difficulty Level: Easy