Apple Rhubarb Crumble
- 1 tsp butter [for greasing]
- 1 bunch rhubarb, approximately 14 oz.
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp superfine sugar
- 6 Walkers Shortbread Highlander Cookies
- 8 Walkers Highland Oat Crackers
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Cream, vanilla ice cream or custard to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350F. With a knob of butter, grease an oven proof dish.
- Wash, trim and chop the rhubarb into 1" chunks. Wash, peel core and chop the apples into similar size chunks. Combine the fruit and superfine sugar in the pre-greased dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Remove from oven.
- Crush the Shortbread Highlanders gently and add to a bowl. Do the same with the Highland Oat Crackers. Combine and further break down any larger lumps. The mixture should resemble breadcrumbs. Add the cinnamon, melted butter and maple syrup to the crushed mixture and stir well. Layer thickly over the dish of baked fruit.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
Serve with cream, vanilla ice cream or custard. Enjoy!