No-Bake Dark Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
- 2 cups Walkers Shortbread Fingers, crushed
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
- 3 cups Cool-Whip
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup melted dark chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp instant coffee
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2½ tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp water
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Mix cookie crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter until fully combined.
- Spread mixture into a 9inch springform pan and pat down firmly.
- Chill until set (I let mine chill for a couple hours).
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and beat mixture again.
- Dissolve coffee powder in heavy cream and add to the chocolate cream cheese mixture and mix.
- Combine gelatin and water in a small cup and let it bloom for 3 minutes. Then, heat it in the microwave until it dissolves (do not overheat - I learned the hard way! Try 30 seconds)
- When the gelatin mixture cools down a bit, add it into the chocolate cream cheese mixture and mix again.
- Fold in whipped cream until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon this mixture on top of the shortbread crust.
- Refrigerate the cake for a few hours or until the cheesecake layer sets.
- In a saucepan, add heavy cream and set it to medium heat.
- Bring the cream just to a boil (do not boil it), remove from heat and add chocolate.
- Whisk everything together until the chocolate fully melts and you have a smooth and glossy mixture.
- Allow the ganache to cool and pour over chilled cheesecake after removing it from the springform pan.
Shortbread Fingers Shortbread FingersView