Mini Lemon Meringue Pie
5.3 oz. Walkers Shortbread Fingers, finely crushed
3 eggs, separated
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
zest from 1 lemon
1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake papers, or baking cups.
- Divide shortbread crumbs into 9 cupcake papers. Use the bottom of a glass to press crumbs firmly into muffin well.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until well combined then spoon on top of shortbread crusts.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat several minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Spoon meringue over lemon filling, being sure to go past the edges of your pies.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the meringue is golden.
- Turn oven off, and leave the pies to cool inside oven, with door open.
Serve pies when completely cool - or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.