Lemon Mousse Berry Parfaits
IngredientsHalf pint heavy whipping cream
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
Zest from one lemon
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
4.7 ounce box Walkers Highlander shortbread
- Using an electric mixer, whip heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form. Scoop into a small bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer mix cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice and zest until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in whipped cream. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Mix berries together in a bowl and set aside. Place shortbread cookies in a resealable bag and crush using a mallet or rolling pin.
- To assemble, scoop desired amount of lemon mousse in bowl, top with some of the shortbread crumbles then berries. Repeat layer.
- Depending on the size of the serving bowl or jars you use, you may need to repeat layers more.
If you are entertaining, a fun way to serve dessert to your guests is fill up a large metal bucket with ice, and place the mason jars in the ice to keep cool. Everyone can grab a mason jar when they are ready to enjoy this yummy dessert.
Highlander Shortbread Highlander ShortbreadView