Grilled Peach Shortcake with Coconut Whipped Cream
4 peaches, halved and seeds removed
canola oil for brushing
16 Walkers Shortbread Fingers
¾ cup of fresh blueberries
Coconut Whipped Cream:
13.5 oz can of full fat coconut milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 teaspoons of honey
Prep Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 4 mins
Serves 8 Shortcakes
For Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day gently remove can from refrigerator so as not to mix the cream and milk.
- Place a medium glass bowl in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes prior to making whipped cream to chill.
- Gently scoop the cream portion out of the can and place in a chilled glass bowl.
- Add honey and vanilla extract to coconut milk. Using a hand mixer, beat the milk on high until it has soft peaks. About 2-3 minutes.
- Place back in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Lightly brush each peach with canola oil, on the flesh side of the peach.
- Place on grill for 2-3 minutes. Remove and slice.
- Assemble Shortcake. Place 2 Walkers Shortbreads on the bottom, top with a few slices of peaches, a dollop of coconut whipped cream and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
Serving size: 1 shortcake Calories: 207 Fat: 23 g Saturated fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Sugar: 11 g Sodium: 89 mg Fiber: 1 g Cholesterol: 3 mg