- 2 cups crushed Walkers Shortbread cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals or instant espresso powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 tablespoons brewed espresso or strong coffee, or water
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
In a large mixing bowl combine crushed cookies, powdered sugar, nuts, cocoa powder, coffee crystals, and cinnamon.
Add brewed espresso, coffee or water, using just enough to moisten.
Form into 1 1/4 inch balls.
Roll generously in the 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
Place on a sheet of waxed paper and let stand until dry (about 1 hour).
Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Before serving, roll again in powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes about 30 cookies.