- 2 (5.3 ounce) packages Walkers Shortbread Fingers (16 cookies)
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) hot water
- 3 heaping teaspoons instant espresso powder (see note)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ounce baking chocolate (semi-sweet) or 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Stir espresso powder into hot water. Dip each cookie completely in the espresso, submerging it and allowing it to sit for a couple of seconds. Arrange in an 8×8″ baking dish. Set aside.
Beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth, then mix in powdered sugar and both extracts. Beat until smooth.
Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form (using a hand or a stand mixer). Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of the shortbread cookies in the pan. Finely grate chocolate over the top evenly or dust with cocoa powder.
Chill at least 2 hours before serving but up to 8 hours. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 days.