Banana Chocolate Chip Shortbread Icebox Cake
- 4 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 10 People
Delicious no-bake goodness…and gluten-free too! Perfect for all your Summer cook outs and potlucks. In partnership with Crazy for Crust.
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant banana pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 boxes (4.9 ounces each) Walker's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (light or fat-free is fine), or 2 cups of freshly whipped cream.
- 1 medium banana, sliced (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- Mini Chocolate Chips, for garnish, optional
Whisk pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Let sit to set for about 5 minutes.
Place cookies in a single layer (about 9) in the bottom of an 8" x 8” baking dish.
Fold half the Cool Whip (about 1 cup) into the pudding.
Spread half the pudding mixture on top the cookies in the pan.
Arrange banana slices on top of the pudding, then spread half of the remaining Cool Whip (about 1/2 cup) over the top of the bananas.
Reserve 1 cookie, then place the remaining ones in a single layer on top the Cool Whip, cover it with the remaining pudding mixture and the rest of the Cool Whip.
Crush the reserved cookie and sprinkle it over the top, along with some mini chocolate chips for garnish.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.