Shortbread 6 Ways for Mom
From dark chocolate drizzles to white chocolate and raspberry crystals, put your own twist on classic Walkers Shortbread with 6 unique cookie ideas. Combine together for the perfect Mother’s Day gift box, or a treat to send someone you love!
Getting started is easy. All you need is a box (or two) of Walkers Shortbread Highlanders or Rounds, chocolate, toppings of your choice, and a tin to pack them in when they’re cooled off and ready to go.
Whether you improvise with your choice of favorite toppings, or follow the list below, one thing’s for certain – Mom will love this homemade twist on her favorite timeless cookies. Maybe she’ll even make them on her own next time and send them to you!
- 1 box Walkers Shortbread Highlanders
- 1 box Walkers Shortbread Rounds
- 1 bar pure dark chocolate
- 1 bar milk chocolate
- 1 bar white chocolate
- 6 oz raspberry flavor culinary crystals
- 6 oz macadamia nuts
- 6 oz hazelnuts
- Sea salt
- Round metal cookie tin
There’s really no way to mess up cookies, but here are our favorite 6 ways to customize them. Feel free to experiment a little and mix it up as you choose!
With our tin, we split it into two different approaches, the drizzle and the dip. Both are a fun way to enjoy a new spin on your classic cookies.
- Drizzle on melted dark chocolate
- Drizzle on melted milk chocolate
- Dip in melted white chocolate and raspberry crystals
- Dip in melted white chocolate and macadamia nuts
- Dip in melted dark chocolate and top with hazelnuts
- Dip in melted dark chocolate and top caramel drizzle and a pinch of sea salt
Hint: Try a double boiler to melt your chocolate for an extra smooth, glossy finish.