Affogato with Salted Caramel Chocolate Crunch
Cold and creamy ice cream meets hot espresso in this delicious, decadent twist on coffee and cookies – a tasty Affogato made using Walkers Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chunk Shortbread!
Elegant yet simple, this delicious pick-me-up is fun to make and perfect for summer.
What you’ll need to get started:
- Walkers Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies. Alternatively, you can use Mini Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies
- 1 tablespoon salted caramel, plus more for drizzling
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 6 ounces hot espresso
If you don’t have an espresso machine, regular strong coffee or Espresso or Dark Coffee K-Cups work, too!
Or follow these Instructions if you have a French press:
- Grind your choice of espresso or dark bean coffee.
- Add the grounds to your French press. You'll need about 2 tablespoons (1 oz or 28.3 grams) of beans for every 1 cup of water.
- Steep for around 4-6 minutes.
- Press with slow, steady, and even pressure.
- Pour your espresso into a serving pot and enjoy.
Now that you have your espresso ready, you’re well on your way to making your new favorite Affogato. Let’s get started!
- Put the caramel sauce in the bottom of a glass or coffee mug.
- Add one Walkers Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chunk Cookie to the bottom of the glass or mug. If using Mini Cookies, add a layer of cookies to the bottom.
- Add a scoop (or two!) of vanilla ice cream.
- Pour your hot espresso over the ice cream.
- Top with a Walkers Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chunk Shortbread cookie
- Drizzle with salted caramel.
The ice cream will melt and absorb into the cookie layer, making it extra delicious!
Easy to make and even easier to enjoy, this Affogato is such a treat. Take a photo and tag us for the chance to be featured on our social media channels.