Frequently Asked Questions
- Are all the products made in Scotland?
Yes, everything is baked in the Scottish Highlands, either in our home village of Aberlour, or 16 miles away in a small town called Elgin.
- Are there any special product storage directions?
All products should be stored out of direct light in a dry, odor free location. Chocolate products should be kept between 55° to 65° F.
- Are Walkers Shortbread products Kosher?
All products are Kosher OUD except Mincemeat Tarts, Plum Puddings and Cakes.
- Can I cancel an order?
If your order is not in transit for delivery, we can easily cancel it. To do so, please contact our customer service department immediately at 1-800-521-0141. If your order has already been sent out for delivery we will be unable to cancel it.
- Can I change the delivery address?
We will be happy to change the delivery address as long as your order has not been delivered or is not in transit for delivery. To request a change to your order's delivery address, please contact us at 800-521-0141 or email us at email@example.com.
- Can I place an order over the phone?
Please call us at 800-521-0141 to place your order. Our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you.
- Do your products contain trans fats?
Walkers shortbread, cookies and oatcakes contain virtually no trans fats (trans fatty acids). However, low levels of trans fats naturally occur in the milk of ruminant animals such as cows and sheep. The trans fat per serving is generally zero for each of our products and is stated on each product's nutritional statement. Since authentic, high quality shortbread such as ours is made with real butter, it has these naturally occurring trans fats. They are not considered harmful as fats formed during artificial hydrogenation. Also, note that Walkers products do not contain any hydrogenated vegetable oils.
- Does the butter in your shortbread contain growth hormones or antibiotics?
No, none at all.
- Does Walkers Shortbread share customer information with third parties?
Walkers Shortbread does not share customer information with third parties under any circumstances. We value our customers and honor their privacy.
- How do I create an account?
Click "Have An Account? Log In" on the right side of the Shop page. Enter the requested information under Create an Account. You can update your account information at any time by signing into your account with your username and password and going to Manage Preferences under Your Account.
- How do I know my online order was received?
After you place your order on the website, you will see a Confirmation page showing your confirmation number. Additionally, you will receive an email notification confirming your order. Please note: If your email address was not entered correctly you will not receive the email confirmation. If you wish to double check on your order please call Customer Service at 800-521-0141.
- How do I make changes to my Address Book?
Sign in to your account and click on Manage Addresses. You may edit or delete existing addresses here.
- How Does Free Shipping Work?
You receive free shipping if your order includes at least $39 of qualifying merchandise, after any discounts have been applied. If shipping to multiple addresses, each ship to order must meet this threshold to receive free shipping. Items shipping to Hawaii and Alaska are not eligible for free shipping.
- Is it safe to enter my credit card information on Walkers Shortbread's web site?
We never send personal information, such as your credit card number, over the network in a way that is readable to anyone but us. We encrypt your information and send it over the Internet using SSL (secure socket layer) technology. This makes it impossible for anyone besides Walkers Shortbread to access your private billing information. When your browser is in secure mode during checkout, you will notice a green bar with a lock icon at the top left of the browser.
- My shipment arrived damaged. What do I do?
Sorry to hear that! Please call customer service at 800-521-0141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are the advantages of creating an account?
Becoming a registered shopper offers you a growing number of personalized benefits to make shopping with us faster and easier. These are free services, which include the following benefits:
- Easier Shopping, Faster Checkout
- Online Order Tracking
- Online Address Book to store frequently used addresses
- Order History
- Exclusive Special Offers
- What do I do if I forgot my password?
To request your password to be emailed to you, click "Have an Account? Login" on the right side of the page. Click on the "Lost Password?" link and enter your email address. Click "Retrieve Password" to receive an email from us with your password. Please note that passwords are case-sensitive and should be entered exactly as provided.
- What is Sodium Diphosphate?
Sodium Diphosphate is a raising agent and is present in baking powder. It is also known as Acid Sodium Pyrophosphate.
- What is the phone number and email address for Customer Support?
Please contact Customer Service at 800-521-0141 or email@example.com
- What is the shelf life?
The shelf life by category for our products is as follows:
- Shortbread and Scottish Cookies: 17 months
- Gluten Free Cartons: 15 months
- Mini Bags: 14 months
- Catering/Portion Packs: 12 months
- Oat Crackers: 12 months
- Chocolate Coated Shortbread: 12 months
- Fruit Cakes: 12 months
- Mincemeat and Ecclefechan Tarts: 9 months
- Puddings: 2 years
- What should I do if I receive an incomplete or incorrect order?
Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-521-0141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where can I get help if I have technical difficulties?
Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-521-0141 or email@example.com.
- Which credit cards does Walkers Shortbread accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Why is there a nut allergy phrase?
The nut allergy phrase is printed on the pack as a precaution. Some nut free shortbreads are baked on the same production lines as shortbread containing nuts and despite cleaning and safety there is still a rare possibility that nut fragments could enter the product. However, you can be assured we do not use peanuts or their derivatives in any of our products.